Total Time: 40 mins
Serves: 30 cookies
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 2 1/4 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semi sweet chocolate chips
- Melt the butter in a heavy-bottom medium saucepan over low heat. Sift together the flour, salt, and baking soda, and set aside.
- Pour the melted butter into a mixer’s bowl. Add the granulated sugar and brown sugar. Cream the butter and sugars on medium speed. Add the eggs, milk, and vanilla extract, and mix until well combined. Slowly incorporate the flour mixture until thoroughly combined. Stir in the chocolate chips. Chill the dough.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 375F, and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Scoop the chilled dough onto the baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 14 minutes or until golden brown, checking the cookies after 7 minutes. Rotate the baking sheet for even browning. Cool completely, and store in an airtight container.