Time: 44 mins
Serves: 25-28 cookies
- 3 Cups White Whole Wheat Flour
- ¼ Cup Cornstarch
- 20 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter, Softened*
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- ¾ Cup + 1 Tablespoon White Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ¾ Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups Chocolate Chips
- Cream together the butter, brown sugar and sugar. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl. Add in the eggs, one at a time, then the vanilla extract. Stop and scrape the bowl again. In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture. Gently stir until just combined. Be careful not to over mix, or you may have tough cookies. Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes or up to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Scoop out large (2 Tablespoons) balls of dough and place them on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. The cookies will spread a bit, so leave some space between them. Bake for 12-14 minutes. The edges should have started to brown, but the middle may still look underdone. Remove from oven – and I give the pan a whack on the counter to flatten the cookies. Allow to cool for a few minutes on the pan then transfer to a cooling rack. Store in an airtight container.
*Softened – you should be able to make a light impression when it is pressed with a finger, but not so soft it is starting to melt and stick to the wrapper.